Our brains are full of Self Limiting Beliefs. How to identify them and get the Self Limiting Beliefs out of your mind?
Awareness is always the first step Overcoming Self Limiting Beliefs
And then it hurts! Why?
Because learning always goes in 4 steps:
- Unconscious Incompetence: I don’t know, that I don’t know – being stupid, but still happy
- Conscious Incompetence: I am aware that I don’t know (growth pain)
- Conscious Competence: I learned my lesson and can do if I concentrate on it
- Unconscious Competence: I have embodied it and I do it automatically
Getting awareness is the step from
Unconscious Incompetence to Conscious Incompetence
But you ask the right questions:
1. How to overcome fear created by Self Limiting Beliefs?
If you already write your gratitude journal every day, you are already on a good track. If not join the Abundance Challenge and start training this new habit today!
2. What do I need to learn to Overcoming Self Limiting Beliefs?
Find a way to replace a limiting belief with a helpful one: Tell yourself exactly the opposite of it to overwrite it. One needs to replace it. Because only deleting it hardly ever works. Just try strop drinking, smoking, eating unhealthy food. There is hardly a chance to succeed if one does not replace it with a new pleasant habit.
The new beneficial belief can be programmed in your subconscious mind e.g. with incantations:
Another possibility is mind storming: Write the new belief on a paper and write below it:
And find 50 examples, stories, ideas, … that prove that the new beneficial belief is correct. That can take a week or two. And that is good! Because it keeps your mind focussed for a long time on the new belief until your subconscious does not doubt it anymore. So it will attract more of it in the future.
3. How to manage the growth-pain while Overcoming Self Limiting Beliefs?
The pain is not pleasant, but it is a strong driver to get someone going. But in the long run, you need pleasure to keep you on track and to enjoy your journey.
See what Brian Tracy recommends for it.
Any other ideas are more than welcome. Use the comments below!
Now Return to Day 9 of Your Abundance Challenge – The Law of Giving
Vital and happy regards