Dear WordPress programmer,
on my webpage, https://vitality4happiness.com/ are a lot of embedded YouTube videos. And the visitors speak different languages. That's why I provide them with translations. With the flags at the top of the page one can choose the language:
- German: https://vitality4happiness.com/de/wp-plugin/
- Spanish: https://vitality4happiness.com/es/wp-plugin/
- French: https://vitality4happiness.com/fr/wp-plugin/
- Indonesian: https://vitality4happiness.com/id/wp-plugin/
- Dutch: https://vitality4happiness.com/nl/wp-plugin/
Many videos also provide translated subtitles/closed captions [CC]. But most people do not know how to activate them. For a better user experience, I want the following functionalities:
- Enable subtitles by default (cc_load_policy=1), and if translations are available display them in the chosen language (cc_lang_pref=[Language Code]). For example like on this page:
This will work only if manually translated closed captions are available.
- For automatic translations, display a
-button, that opens the page
in a popup window (in the chosen language).
- Display a
-button below all embedded YouTube videos, that opens the link to the YouTube subscribe page
in a new tab.
- Suppress the [Watch on YouTube] link on the bottom left of the video.
- Apply these functions automatically to all embedded/framed YouTube videos on the entire webpage.
This video describes the functionality in detail:
Have a look at this page and try it out:
The page https://vitality4happiness.com/ is built entirely with the WordPress Classic Editor. I do NOT want any Gutemberg or Elementor being used on it!
If you can program a plugin, or modify the WP core of the EMBED/IFRAME function for YouTube videos like that, please provide me with your quotation.
If you have any questions, suggestions about the specification, or if you have ideas on how to improve the user experience, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Vital and happy regards