What is the Volatility4Happiness game?
The Volatility4Happiness game is basically a rebalancing strategy, which requires a gut feeling about the market trend.
How to Play The Stock Market in Volatile Times?
For the assets you are invested in, you draw an 80/20 band around the current trend. And you put two orders:
- A sell order on the upper limit to sell your profits, if the stock price exceeds this value.
- A buy order, at the lower limit to buy back your losses, if the stock price drops below this value.
What are good market conditions to play the Volatility4Happiness?
- The best is, if the market is going sidewards, so you can play this game in both directions and keep buying and selling twice the profits or losses.
- If the market is in an upward trend, you just want to get started on a long position if the price drops below the lower limit.
- If the market is in a downward trend, you just want to get started on a short position if the price exceeds the upper limit.
How to realize when to start and end the Volatility4Happiness Game?
Indicators for the end of the trend are usually, an exponential outbreak out of the band. Often accompanied by increased volatility. Then it is time to close the position, awaiting the next trend.