I keep reminding you of thinking time, and you probably think: “I read that already a few times.” Why am I bothering you with the same issue again and again? I Think About You And Me.
And there is more to think about than you might expect:
- Did you do your thinking time today, yesterday and the day before?
- Could you come up with some new questions?
- Did you do your thinking time perfectly?
I Think About You And Me, so let’s look at it in detail:
1. Did you do your thinking time today, yesterday and the day before?
See, it is good that I keep reminding you. You have not build a habit yet, which is usually the case after 3-4 weeks of daily repetition. Probably you are not there, yet. But it is not a long way that requires discipline (= self-love) to get there. My reminders shall help you through this first month. Then the habit will make you do it automatically by yourself on 6 out of 7 days. On the 7th day, you still need a kick in your ass, as a reminder. Or you just take the deserved break from it. How about reading your answers on the seventh day, and ticking those answers, which you already implemented in your life? And celebrate your success!
2. I Think About You And Me: Did you come up with some new questions?
Who asks better questions get better answers! So when I Think About You And Me, I want to encourage you to spend some thinking time on better or modified questions.
For example, you might modify the question:
- What would I do today if I died tomorrow?
- What would I do this week, if I died next week?
- Or what would I do this month, if I died next month?
- You might even go for the long run: What would I do this year, if I died next year?
Just reading this, you can already feel the power of the different perspective! So go and change your questions to whatever serves you best.
3. I Think About You And Me: Did you do your thinking time perfectly?
Thinking time is not about a perfect process, even if I keep describing the process mostly. It is about effectiveness. Effectiveness is measured by results.
So the question when I Think About You And Me is:
- Which of the ideas, actions, efforts, habits, … I was thinking about, are showing the biggest progress towards my dreams and targets?
Most people tend to do things perfectly. I know what I am talking about, I am German! Perfectionism is a stereotype of Germans (Japanese and Singaporeans, as well ;-). Which is a wonderful thing in developing great products, but it is a burden in terms of effectiveness!
Once again: Thinking time is about producing results, with the actions you take based on it:
“Effectiveness” is NOT Efficiency
Doing your thinking time efficient would mean, you get it done in the shortest time thinkable: zero time. Nothing would be worse than that!
If I Think About You And Me, we should rather think about effectiveness:
Which of my ideas, actions, efforts, habits, … are showing NO results towards my dreams and targets? And as a consequence: Get rid of those tasks. Thinking about this for one hour, to finding only one thing, which keeps you busy for 30 minutes a day, and which creates no progress. This would be wonderful. Even if you lose half an hour on the first day, it will save you 3.5 hours a week. If you subtract the invested hour of thinking time, you still gained 2.5 hours. This is a return on investment of 250% already within the first week. Oh, women, I would love to have a savings account like that! Did you get no ideas, how to save 30 minutes a day?
I Think About You, so let me inspire you:
- Sleeping time
- Transferring tasks to kids, partner, friends, assistants, cooking, GO-JEK services like a car wash, cleaning, shopping, …
- Listen to learning programs (audiobooks) during driving
- Modeling ideas instead of reinventing everything yourself
- Stop watching television, some people may save 1 to 4 hour a day!
- Avoid traveling by car during peak traffic, by scheduling your dates and working time around it.
BTW: I Think About You: Personal development is, to have a better communication with yourself. And your thinking-time is communication with yourself!
At this point, I want to honor and express my gratitude to everybody, who already answered my questions of the survey about
If you have not done so yet, go and serve me with something to think about: And
There is a 93% chance, that YOU have NOT done so, yet. How do I know? I count the number of answers I already got, and I counted how many people I asked to answer the questions. Answering them shows your commitment. To be honest: If you are not committed, you might at least think, if you belong in this group. So show your commitment, or you want to leave the
Thank you for your commitment!