👄📣🧏♀️ Enjoy listening to this podcast! Click the globe for 🇬🇧🇩🇪🇫🇷🇪🇸🇨🇳🇮🇪
Did you ever ask yourself, how to maximize longevity easily? Obviously, you did so, and there is something you can do to maximize your longevity!
How Is Longevity Defined?
Biologists sometimes define longevity as the average lifespan expected under ideal conditions. It’s hard to say what’s ideal. Plenty of medical research is ongoing about
What is the “right” amount and type of workout?
What is the best diet to maximize longevity?
And, whether certain pharmaceuticals or supplements can help improve your longevity?
Lifespans have increased pretty dramatically over the last century. A large part of the maximized longevity is due to advances in medicine that have nearly eliminated certain deadly infectious diseases.
The average baby born in 1900 lived about a half-century. Nowadays, the life expectancy of people in the United States is nearly 79 years on average, 81 years for women and 76 years for men. But, in many countries, life expectancy is much higher, due to healthier habits.
What Determines Your Longevity?
You may think that your genes determine your maximum longevity. But the truth is genetics account for less than 30 % of your life expectancy. The rest comes from your mindset, behaviors, attitudes, environment, and a little bit of luck.
You may have heard about various life extension techniques. Keep in mind, that none of them have been proven in humans and most are just theories. The only proven way to live longer is to live a healthy life.
Easy Ways to Maximize Your Longevity
If you want to beat the average lifespan and maximize your longevity, what should you do? Here’s a list of things to consider:
- With a healthy mindset, you can balance stress and relaxation. Stress can have unhealthy effects on your body if it is permanent. Because permanent stress promotes unhealthy behaviors, such as overeating or smoking. Apart from short periods of stress, get enough relaxation, and sleep. Most people feel best when they get 6 to 8 hours of sleep a night.
- Utilize breathing training to empower your body with an abundance of oxygen.
- Drink enough water, reduce or eliminate sugary poisoned drinks and alcohol from your diet. This also detoxes your body constantly. Just make sure to pee, poo, and sweat regularly. Consider intermittent fasting. Fasting has been shown to significantly extend the life (and improve health) of mice. Studies dating as far back as the 1930s have shown that caloric restriction extends the longevity of mice and other test species.
- Fill up your plate with vegetables that are rich in fats and protein. And reduce or eliminate processed food, as much as possible. There are numerous debates about the best diet for increased lifespan. A study published in Cell Metabolism in 2018 looked at 53 non-obese human adults over a 2 year period. The test group restricted calories by 15%. Metabolic studies showed that the test group had evidence of less oxidative stress/damage compared to the control group. Finally, nearly every diet agrees that eating a wide variety of vegetables is the best way to go.
- Exercise regularly, because research indicates that moderate exercise, when practiced regularly, can actually roll back the clock on your DNA.