Which combination of food serves your body and mind the best?
In 2017 I lived for 4 months with my friend in Hanoi. She ate strictly vegan. I was not convinced, but to make things easy, I shared her diet most of the time. It seems like it turned out into a Healthy Food Mix. When I came back to Germany and met a friend, she made me a big compliment:
“Klaus, what did you do with your skin, it looks so clean, did you turn into a vegetarian?”
Motivated like that, I kept learning about nutrition that serves my health, body, and mind. And I found out some pretty curious things about food. Based on that I changed my diet like this:
Healthy Food Mix in a Nutshell
3 Basics of a Healthy Food Mix
- The most essential resource for our body is oxygen. We die after a few minutes without it. The key to getting more of it into our body is deep breathing, which you can learn and practice e.g. in yoga classes, meditation or any kind of aerobic sports. And you can make it a habit, by training deep breathing over and over again.
- Water, about 70% of our body weight is water, and if we lose only 2 % we got already 10% less energy. So drinking every 2 hours one glass of pure water (without sugar or carbonate – no lolly drinks) keeps you well hydrated and full of energy, plus food with a high water content, which is vegetables, salad, and fruits.
- And here comes a surprise for most people: fats from vegetarian sources, like high-quality cold processed oils, nuts, avocado, coconut, etc., are the third essential part of our nutrition! Our brains contain 30% of fat. This is the opposite to what I learned in school: Carbohydrate does not keep us running, but fat does. Because a healthy body is a fat burning machine. Fat which is high on Omega 3 and 6 is the best fuel and brain food we can get. And different than what one might expect, fats DO NOT make you gain weight, at least as long as you don’t eat too much carbohydrate at the same time. The combination of fat and plenty of water supports your body to detox, by washing out the waste. This results in a clean skin.
Substantials of a Healthy Food Mix
- Protein: That’s so easy, if the majority of your food is vegetarian, like vegetables, salad, fruits, smoothies, you are already done! It is easy to digest, so you always got enough protein.
- Avoid sugar and deep-fried food, reduce carbohydrate, because it makes your body acid. A healthy body is alkaline and if you eat green food like vegetables and salad, all is good.
A diet like that is pretty easy! Apart from the health benefits, nowadays I feel as fit as I never felt before in my life. Plus it saves a lot of time and money. I reduced the cost of food and drinks about 30%. On top, I earned a lot of time because it is quick and easy to prepare.
Is it easy to follow the healthy food mix strictly?
That’s not necessary at all. I usually go for a “junk food day” on Saturdays. Which makes it really easy to stick to the diet for the rest of the week. On junk food day everything is allowed: carbohydrate, sugar, meat, deep fried food, drugs, alcohol, nicotine, and sex. Okay, I’m not so reserved with the latter anyway. But someday I definitely will write a blog about Tantric energy and its health benefits, probably called: